GreatImaginationsLyn

Heartless Lyn @ Great Imaginations

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost"

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher I picked up this book due to the movie that is filming. I was a bit skeptical on a gimmicky book, but I was drawn in so quickly that I couldn't put this down for two days. I think to enjoy this book, you have to step back in time when you were a teen, and remember what it was like to be caged in school, stuck with people. I hate that Hannah committed suicide over an image that other people gave her. But I also understand that Hannah felt that she could no longer find herself in the fears and rumors in her head. Hannah believed that she was sentenced to a crime that she never committed. Hannah saw no way out and felt abandoned by the world. What I do not understand is Clay's part - she mentioned rape and molestation, but when she tells Clay to stop, he follows her wishes, and he is turned into a calloused cruel part in her final decision. I felt that this section was the weakest part of the book - no only means no when I decide that no is no, but everyone should know when no means to come closer. Overall, this book is intelligent and glimpses into the harsh reality of high school and the constant strain of the institution. I hope other girls know that high school rumors decide how their lives will be at such a young age.