GreatImaginationsLyn

Heartless Lyn @ Great Imaginations

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost"

After - Amy Efaw I will say this first: I have ever felt more pride for any book than I have for this novel. When I first began the book, I was sick and horrified about the details of the conflict. I was appalled and angry that the audience was expected to feel sorry for someone who would cause harm to her child. In my mind, I was agitated and downright livid that the reader was to swallow the excuses made by Devon. I never saw the connection between the girl before IT happened and the girl after THAT NIGHT. I was rolling my eyes continuously at the main character's simpering, childish behavior.Towards the middle of the book, I began to begrudgingly feel her inner pain. As disgusted as I was, I began to see how Devon's world began to fall apart because she began to cut herself off from the world. And when you are a sinking ship, you honestly believe no one wants to go down with you.When the verdict was reached, once again, anger flashed in my mind. However, in the last two pages of the book, my rating jumped from 2 stars to 4 stars. I finally saw the girl that everyone was trying to defend. I was overjoyed that Devon took a stance and held herself has someone who is not above the law, and not above the right to determine the lives of others. I cheered when she stated her position. She was guilty, and she was going to face the world and own up to her crimes, even if she was going through denial of her whole pregnancy. Amy Efaw has gained my respect with this book. Her writing was nothing short of clean and serious, and she kept the heart of the story very well.