GreatImaginationsLyn

Heartless Lyn @ Great Imaginations

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost"

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) - Patrick Ness I am completely torn on rating this book.First off, I will say that Ness is a brilliant author. His writing style is an art, using sentences, grammar and text size to enhance the events and action of the book. Often, written literature can struggle with action, and writing out a fight scene tends to be tedious and a waste of words - your audience is often rushing through the paragraphs. But Ness seems to twist and construct a whole new style, ensuring that the reader will feel the rush, confusion and energy in a fight. And this book is dominated by action. Ness gets five shiny stars for his use of figurative language and imagery. The ending of the story really shines, and will be regarded as a classic soon by many English classes in the future based on the final chapters.Now for the story.This is the most horrible, offensive, and heart wrenching stories every written. I really hated giving this book 2 stars, since the story was provocative, interesting, and the writing surprised me by capturing the essence of action. But I did not enjoy this book. I would never recommend this book to the casual reader. The Knife of Never Letting Go is a dark and despairing tale of the ruin of the human life. Hope is crushed, love is lost, and we are robbed of the very things that bring us happiness and joy. Faith is just a medication against the loss, kindness holds no value, and every place touched by the human race becomes a wasteland of misery and hatred.If you enjoy becoming physically ill while reading a story, then this is your book.