GreatImaginationsLyn

Heartless Lyn @ Great Imaginations

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost"

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) - Orson Scott Card Orson Scott Card said that he did not write this book to be deep and profound literature, but I disagree with the author. I think this story is moving and compelling on so many levels, and the depth of the story is not lacking.I had some major issues with some of the animal abuse in the story, but I see that it was not simply thrown in for shock value."Ender's Game" is a troubling yet complex reflection of war and the need for an enemy. In the future, people fight an alien species, but once the threat is gone, people turned on one another. The war on Earth had been boiling slowly throughout the story, but I thought it was brilliant to have the war on both fronts break out all at once. The two dynamics characters of the book - Ender and Peter, was a relationship that reflected the virtues and the flaws of what we all are. One fighting for peace, and the other causing a war with peace. The ending to the book is worth the read as well. The Speaker of the Dead, and the lament of the buggers was profound, beautiful, and heart breaking.